HELPING YOUR BODY TO HEAL ITSELF
WHAT IS AN OSTEOPATH?
As an Osteopath, I am trained to use our hands over a four-year training period. With the understanding of your body structure (anatomy and physiology) including the study of how injuries develop (biomechanics); I developed a very good sense of finding which tissues in your body are strained or stressed. – Joselito dela Cruz BSc. MSc. Osteopathy UK, Senior Osteopath at OPRC
Frozen shoulder/ shoulder and elbow pain/ tennis elbow
hip and knee pain
General, acute & chronic backache, back pain
Generalised aches and pains
Sports injuries and tensions
Inability to relax
What should patients expect on their first visit with the Osteopath?
- Your medical history will be asked.
- We will carry out an Osteopathic Examination (gowns and shorts are provided).
- We will explain to you our current findings.
- We will explain why further tests or investigations are required.
- We will describe what the treatment is involved.
- Osteopathic treatment will be carried out with your verbal permission.
- Advice or exercises may be prescribed.
- A follow-up visit will be arranged.
We usually expect some change during the first 3-4 visits which, indicates that we are on the track in helping the patient get better.