You can carry 10% of your body weight every day without much problem. So if you weigh 50Kg your safe level to carry is 5Kg,
- your weight is 55kg – you 10% is 5.5kg
- your weight is 60kg – your 10% is 6kg
- your weight is 65kg – your 10% is 6.5kg
Important note: Employers know your physical limitation but at times you would need to tell them if something is too heavy for you. It is ok to ask for help so that you do not injure yourself.
Knowing much you can carry is important in preventing injuries, of course, you can carry more but only for a short period of time.
- Moving house
- Moving furniture
- Carrying the vacuum up and down the stairs
- Carrying grocery shopping